Match Reports‎ > ‎

SFC Round 2 vs St Patrick's

posted 23 Jul 2011, 03:14 by

Tinryland Overwhelm St Patricks in Carlow S.F.C. second round

 By Eamonn Byrne

Tinryland senior footballers have rarely had an easier championship game than Friday’s

(22nd July) encounter with a dissappointing St Patricks outfit in Kildavin.

At no stage were the men in blue and white tested by the team that had been beaten

by 22 points in their previous game with Eire Og.

It was all one way traffic from the 3rd minute when Paul Broderick opened the scoring for Tinryland and when referee Patrick Murphy sounded the full time whistle 12 different Tinryland players had contributed to the final tally of 5 23 with Tinryland only conceding 6 points to the Slaneysiders.  In a one sided first half Tinryland gradually turned the screw on the Tullow men with goals by Cian Moore in the 16th minute and another by Keith Jackson 10 minutes later helping to put the issue beyond doubt well before the interval. Other highlights from the first half was a brilliant point by Ian Scully in the 18th minute following a great move involving Danny Moran, Conor Byrne, and Padraig Townsend. Scully featured in another great score early in the second half when a move involving Cian Moore, Niall Barrett, Padraig Townsend and Garry Morrissey ended with the corner forward who finished with a personal tally of 1-6 crashing the ball to the St. Patricks net to put Tinryland ahead by 3-12 to 0-3 at this stage. The bombardment of the Tullow goal continued and between the 38th and 50th minutes Tinryland added a further 1-10 with Glen Doyle scoring the teams 4th goal following good work by Garry Morrissey and Keith Jackson. With the job complete Tinryland went into a devil may care mode for almost 10 minutes which allowed St Patricks 3 consolation points late in the game but the icing was firmly put on the cake in the 59th minute when centre back Shane Redmond scored Tinryland’s 5th goal which closed out the scoring on this mis match. All Tinryland’s players and subs contributed well to this win with goalkeeper Trevor O’Reilly having to make a save on  few occasions as his defence led by John Paul Moore, Conor Byrne and Peter Doran hoovered up any danger posed by the Tullow boys.

The half back line of Danny Moran, Shane Redmond and Niall Barrett were equally effective while Cian Moore and Keith Jackson totally dominated mid field helped in no small way by Garry Morrissey, Padraig Townsend and Glen Doyle who replaced the injured Paul Broderick in the early stages. The full forward line of Evan Doyle, Ian Scully and Robbie Power scored 1-10 between them while the other subs used Paul Doyle and Matthew O’Toole also played well. Final score Tinryland 5 23 St Patricks 0-6 .

Tinryland’s next championship match will be against Eire Og on week end 14th August.

The team was as follows: Trevor O’Reilly, Peter Doran, Conor Byrne, John Paul Moore 0-1, Danny Moran, Shane Redmond 1-0, Niall Barrett, Cian Moore 1-1, Keith Jackson 1-3, Paul Broderick 0-1, Garry Morrissey 0-1, Padraig Townsend 0-2, Ian Scully 1-6, Evan Doyle 0-3, Robbie Power 0-1. Subs Glen Doyle 1-3, Paul Doyle 0-1, Matthew O’Toole.